Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do I fix my Dell computer?? PLEASE HELP! 10 points?

I have a Dell Studio Windows 7 computer. For about half a year now, my computer has been running very slowly. Also, every time I start up my computer, it would freeze before it fully starts and gets on the homescreen. I would always have to push down the power button until my computer forces shut down and then I would RESTART my computer again. When my computer turns on again, a screen pops up with an option for system reboot (detects and fixes problems) as well as an option for starting computer normally. Whenever I click on system reboot, my computer goes through the whole process to fix the problem and the computer starts up. However, when I turn on the computer next time, the problem isn't fixed. It freezes again. The same goes for when I press Start Normally. Also, a computer update keeps saying that my McAfee Security Center is expired and my computer is at risk. What should I do?? My computer has a severe problem, it will not start, and runs very slow. PLEASE help me if you know how to fix it. thank you!!How do I fix my Dell computer?? PLEASE HELP! 10 points?
im sorry to hear that but you are going to have to bring it to an IT. You wont be able to fix it yourself.How do I fix my Dell computer?? PLEASE HELP! 10 points?
Find the nearest Dell service center. They will fix it and wont charge you much.How do I fix my Dell computer?? PLEASE HELP! 10 points?
Hi Sara,



Firstly, let me tell you my opinion about McAfee, I personally dislike it cause i think it takes a lot of cpu's performance, and this slows the system, when you are doing tasks that would require a lot of computing power. Like editing high quality videos or playing high end games.



But this is a software, that powers up during your windows startup, so if your computer freezes before the windows login, then the problem is with the system, or the bios, and not with the McAfee, so you can leave the anti virus out of the equation.



Secondly, regardless of the system configuration, unusual slowdown of system would be due to over heating of system.



This could be caused do to poor heat sinks, or old dan that is inefficient. Or the Thermal paste between the heat sink and processor might have gone bad. Or the dust accumulated between the heat sink must have made it inefficient.



So, i would advice you to firstly clean the mother board and the case off dusts,



then if the problem still presists, then check the fans, if the prob is nt fixed



then get a technician to change the thermal compound. You can do it yourself, but if you are not sure, it is best let to the professionals, as the processor chip is very fragile



Lastly, you may suspect a bad ram, but i dont think it is, cause as far as i know, a bad ram causes Blue Screen first, before the sysyem shuts down or so. And a bad ram, doesnt cause a system slowdown, but crashes the system.



Hope i was of any help,



yours,



Hk

No comments:

Post a Comment