Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is a safe antivirus for Windows XP?

My computer is old and the new antivirus software that is available takes up too much space on my computer. I would hope someone could know of one that is free or cheap.What is a safe antivirus for Windows XP?
Panda

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/

lightest . Only works where necessary. It's so light you won't even notice it.What is a safe antivirus for Windows XP?
http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/18/4鈥?/a>
ClamWin is a secure, free, and open-source anti-virus program.
I use it on all windows boxes I maintain.

you might also want to consider installing a GNU/Linux based Operating System. http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.鈥?/a> They're free, more secure, and more reliable than Windows. Also, most professionals prefer GNU/Linux over Windows in server and data center environments. There are GNU/Linux based OS's designed for old computers, once installed, the old computer can appear to be just as fast or even sometimes faster than a brand new computer.What is a safe antivirus for Windows XP?
avg is good and if you want to pay $ get bitdefender
For an anti-virus program, I recommend eSet NOD32, if you are willing to pay for it. If you want a free anti-virus, I recommend one (do not run more than one) of the following three:

Avira AntiVir

Avast

Microsoft Security Essentials



You also need anti-spyware software. I recommend that you download and install (freeware) MalwareBytes AntiMalware.

No comments:

Post a Comment