Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How to remove a cpu from your mainboard if there is no switch?

Hi.



My mainboard and cpu seems 'indivisible' in a sense that there is no



switch or a lever that is seen on pretty much all mainboards these



days. My cpu and Mainboard seems to be attached directly to each



other without any switch, medium, or a lever in between them, which



is very uncommon.



I bought my computer like 4 years ago and the cpu is a



Pro 3000+ which is equivalent to an AMD Athlon 1700+ and I don't



know what the mainboard model # is. Anyways, is it even possible



to disattach the cpu from the mainboard in a situation like this?



Any computer experts out there?



Have a nice day.How to remove a cpu from your mainboard if there is no switch?
It sounds like the CPU is hardwired to the socket, in other words, they soldered it in. I cannot see the board or the CPU, so not sure. The only thing you could try and do is get a CPU puller. This is a specialized tool that is made for chips (also called, a chip puller). I think the CPU may have to be desoldered, the back of the board, but since I cannot see it, not sure. It may be that the chip puller will do the job without any desoldering.



See this:



http://www.tech-forums.net/computer/topi鈥?/a>



See this for a picture of a chip puller:



http://www.ohiogaming.com/chippuller.htm



Here are some other chip pullers for sale -



http://www.etool.ca/RENDER/1/16/110/6301鈥?/a>
  • nyc
  • racing games online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment