Saturday, February 25, 2012

What would you recommend for a fantastic Gaming Computer?

My budget would be $1500 to $1600. I am planning on getting one custom built. So I'm looking for part recommendations, monitor recommendations, etc...



-Currently I want to play Warhammer Online at max settings.

-I would like a computer that will be able to handle any games (Particularly MMO's) that will come out in the foreseeable future perfectly.



Thank you so much for your help! Simply put I want a kick a$$ computer that will laugh at anything thrown at (within my budget lol). Thanks!What would you recommend for a fantastic Gaming Computer?
If you want Kick A@SS, then look at the new Intel i7 CPU and and an ASUS Rampage II extreme motherboard:



Motherboard:



http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?modelm鈥?/a>



This is one honkin' mobo! Expensive! Around $450 but you get EVERYTHING.



CPU:



http://www.intel.com/consumer/game/index鈥?/a>



This takes you to the Intel Gamer site, but the most cost effective CPU right now is the i7 920 for around $330.



The motherboard can run EITHER SLI or Crossfire which means you can go nVidia OR ATI, at your pleasure. I would recommend ATI's Radeon HD 4850 card @ $179 each which is far more cost effective than the nVidia GTX 280 or GTX 295 cards which are over twice as expensive each. This way, you get great game play at a VERY effective cost. If you want, you can up the ante a little bit and got with Radeon HD 4870 in Crossfire mode, each card is about $330.



I would just rely on standard motherboard sound, but if you just have to have it, buy a XI-FI card. I think its a waste myself, but that is my opinion.



This motherboard takes up to 24 Gigs of RAM, so if you wanted to be very hot, you could go 12 Gigs (two Tri-channel pairs) for 12 Gigs of RAM. Make sure you read the specs carefully to understand which memory is best. You might want to download the motherboard manual before making any decisions, and look up the latest BIOS update and see what problems the board has been patched for. Of course it will be the problem of the person who puts it together for you to get it all working right.



I would also look at getting a couple of Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 RPM hard disks.



I would go with an ANTEC or Corsair PSU, at least 800 Watts and make sure that the PSU is SLI or Crossfire CERTIFIED!



Finally, I think a CD/DVD +/- Writer, I prefer Pioneer brand myself, very steady, never had one burn out on me - and or LiteON, is the other one I like.



Take a look at the NEW, ANTEC 900 II, for a case.



And you can get a 24" LCD now for as low as $259 - Isaw one the other day in my local newspaper at Fry's on sale for $259 - do not know the brand.



You might have to increase your budget a smidge to fit all this in, but if you want that kick *** computer, this is what you will decide to do.What would you recommend for a fantastic Gaming Computer?
i dont know about brands, but here are some good specs.



4. ghz cpu quand core

3 gigs of ram

1 terabyte hard drive

1 gig of vram

No comments:

Post a Comment